Thursday, September 11, 2008

If I Saw a Bird that Looked Like That, I Would Have Nightmares for Weeks

Ah, BC: a legacy strip that is actually very slightly funnier now that its original creator has shuffled off this mortal coil. A couple of years ago, this joke would have involved God and implied that the readers were damned.

Update:

I have figured out how to paste actual words into an actual comic! The font I have chosen is different from bats' (because bats' actually costs money), but it is still pseudo-medieval, so that's all right.




Fowele: Whafore hast tho spectacules?

Tortuse: Ich spente halfe an howre yestereven raviching an helm.


4 comments:

john said...

As for the fonts, some good choices would be Anime Ace and Webletterer. It won't look exactly the same as the originals, but it's better than using the much-overused Comic Sans.

Angry Kem said...

Thanks...I'll look into those. No promises, but we'll see. And yes, I know that Comic Sans is the devil. Everybody keeps telling me so.

SageCat said...

A good source for hand-lettered type comics fonts is http://www.blambot.com/

lesles said...

it may be cheesy, but i'd be sore tempted to use a manuscript font. and it would be a nicely odd juxtaposition of classy script in classy lingo in trashy comics